Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
For the crepe batter:
- 250 gram flour
- 3 eggs
- 20 cl milk
- 60 gram sugar
- 5 gram butter
- a few drops vanilla extract
- a pinch salt
- 4 potions Kiri
- A few orange slices
- 5 ml lemon juice
Resource: The Laughing Cow Global Recipes
Prepare the Crepe Batter:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, and sugar. Create a well in the center.
- Crack the eggs into the well and gently start incorporating them into the flour using a fork or whisk.
- As the mixture thickens, gradually pour in the cold milk while continuing to whisk. This will help prevent lumps.
- If the batter is too thick, add a little more milk until you achieve a smooth and slightly runny consistency.
- Pour in the cooled melted butter and mix until the batter is well combined. Set aside to rest for about 15-20 minutes. Resting the batter helps develop better texture and flavor.
Cook the Crepes:
- Place a non-stick skillet over medium heat and lightly grease it with cooking spray or a small amount of butter.
- Once the skillet is hot, give the batter a quick stir. Pour a small ladleful (about 1/4 cup) of batter into the center of the skillet.
- Quickly lift and rotate the skillet to spread the batter evenly, coating the bottom of the skillet.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes until the edges of the crepe begin to lift and the bottom is lightly golden.
- Gently slide a spatula underneath the crepe and flip it over. Cook for an additional 1 minute on the other side. The crepe should be lightly golden on both sides.
- Transfer the cooked crepe to a plate and cover it with a clean kitchen towel to keep warm. Repeat the process with the remaining batter, stacking the crepes on the plate.
Prepare the Filling:
- In a bowl, mash the Kiri cheese portions (or cream cheese) until smooth and creamy.
- Gently fold in the sliced oranges and lemon juice. The citrusy filling complements the crepes’ flavors and adds a refreshing touch.
Assemble and Serve:
- Place a crepe on a clean surface or plate.
- Spoon a generous amount of the Kiri and orange mixture onto the center of the crepe.
- Fold the sides of the crepe over the filling, then fold the top and bottom to create a neat package.
- Repeat with the remaining crepes and filling.
- Serve the filled crepes as a delightful dessert or breakfast option. You can also sprinkle some powdered sugar or drizzle honey over the top for added sweetness.