- 10g of ginger
- 20g of garlic
- 20g of shallots
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, smashed
- 3 large chillies, deseeded
- 10g of galangal
- 5g of fresh turmeric
- 1 pinch of nutmeg powder
- 1 pinch of coriander powder
Shepherd Pie Base:
- 5 pieces of The Laughing Cow Original Cheese Spread
- 3 large Idaho potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 30g of butter, softened
- 20g of fresh milk
- 1 bunch of coriander leaves
- 3 boneless chicken thighs
- 5g of turmeric powder
- 5g of fine salt
- 5g of white pepper powder
- 30ml of cooking oil
- 250ml of coconut cream
- 300ml of chicken stock
- 1 pinch of salt and white pepper powder
- 7 kaffir lime leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- In a bowl, marinate the chicken thighs with turmeric powder, salt and white pepper powder. Set aside.
- In a pot, boil the potatoes with a tsp of salt until tender. Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients of the spice paste in a food processor. Blend well.
- Heat cooking oil in skillet, add the spice paste and stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add in chicken thighs, stir well to combine.
- Add coconut milk and chicken broth, simmer on medium heat while stirring frequently until chicken is almost cooked.
- Add in kaffir lime leaves, stir to blend well with chicken.
- Turn heat to low, simmer for another 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and liquid has dried up. Add salt and sugar to taste.
- In a large baking dish, lay the chicken rendang at the bottom.
- In a separate bowl, mash the boiled potatoes with butter and milk to desired consistency
- Spread mashed potatoes on top of the chicken rendang. Use fork to rough up the surface or make creative designs in the mash potatoes.
- Spread The Laughing Cow Original Cheese Spread triangles on top
- Bake the dish in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until brown and bubbling.
- Serve immediately